5.23.2009

May 22, part II, Red Peter

Another not-typical Fringe show, from what I hear. Here's the company website, the MOVIE link apparently has a promo trailer of the piece if you want to check it out.

http://web.mac.com/simianfeatures/iWeb/Site/Welcome.html

This is an adaptation of a Kafka short story, "Report to the Academy," about a monkey, Red Peter, who has essentially become human. It's a very quiet, very philosophical performance, with some outstanding physical acting - one-man show, incidentally.

They also perform in the kavárna. I almost blew The Pen and the Sword before I realized it wasn't in the kavárna, but the theater. This was my performance space as well. Funny thing neither Gordon (this actor) or I had considered - you can smoke in coffeeshops and bars here. Mostly no one smoked during mine, but that's fine because they smoked enough during Red Peter for both shows. Holy crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment